Best Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis – Men and Women 2017 Reviews
Do you experience pain under your feet when walking or running? You may be suffering from Plantar Fasciitis. Plantar Fasciitis is mainly worsened by wearing the wrong shoe. In fact, if you continue wearing regular shoes, you may experience foot pains even during your normal workouts.
In worse conditions, you may be unable to run. Regardless of your situation, you can still walk, run, jog and exercise! You require the best sneakers for ankle support.
With such sneakers, you can perform outdoor activities just those with average feet. You don’t need to purchases shoes for running, walking and jogging since the best sneakers for walking can be used for all these purposes. Avoid wearing regular shoes if you suffer from Plantar Fasciitis. Also, avoid wearing regular shoes since they may make the situation worse.
Note that when you wear the right shoes for Plantar Fasciitis, the pain will disappear, but you have to continue wearing such supportive shoes to avoid the pain permanently.
The following list will offer you five of the best sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis reviews. While these sneakers differ regarding size, material, style and color, all the sneakers in this list are designed will help you control Plantar Fasciitis problem.
These sneakers are meant for both men and women who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis. All the reviews are credible and honest and are aimed towards helping you choose the best walking sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis.
Are you ready to solve Plantar Fasciitis problem? Welcome, and proceed to check the best walking shoes with arch support and decide the one that suits your needs. You can also compare between different sneaker models before making a choice.
Here is an expert guide to choosing your next pair of shoe, avoid making the same mistake
- Offer a natural fit.
- Offer great heel support.
- Have soft cushioning for comfort.
- Feature sturdy design for durability.
- They are the recommended shoes for Plantar Fasciitis.
- They are ideal for flat arches, neutral arches, and high arches.
- Offer high performance in walking, running, jogging and general workouts.
5 Essential Tips for Finding The Best Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis
- Know the type of your arch. It is essential to understand the kind of your arch since it will help you decide on the best sneaker for your arch support. Primarily there are 4 types of arches. You may have a very flat arch, flat, neutral arch or high arch. You can know the type of your arch by examining your footprints. Ensure you make the footprints with barefoot. The best sneaker should offer great arch support. Fortunately, all the sneakers in this review can be worn by men and women with all arch types.
- Decide how you want to use the sneaker. You may want a sneaker for walking, running. Or even for jogging or general workouts. Plantar Fasciitis sneakers designed for specific purposes. However, if you are a marathoner, you will require sneakers for walking and running. But you don’t have to go through the hassle of searching sneakers for workouts or jogging. The best idea is to choose a shoe that can be used for all these purposes.
- Know the kind of surface that you will be using your sneakers. You may want to use your sneaker on various surfaces such as concrete, track, sand, grass, or even dirt. If you know your surface well, you will choose the shoes that suit the surface. Also, the cover will help you determine the level of traction your need. However, all the shoes in this 2017 sneaker reviews perform great on various surfaces.
- Don’t be inclined to choose a specific shoe brand. At times, you may feel proud when wearing sneakers from a particular brand like Nike. While this practice is not wrong, you should not be very selective on the brand. Instead, aim at choosing a sneaker that will help you control Plantar Fasciitis. You may realize that a cheaper shoe model performs great than most expensive sneakers. Hence, pick a sneaker if it offers enough support, cushioning and comfort regardless of the brand.
- Make quality a priority. You should always prioritize quality when finding the best sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis. Regardless of how you plan to use the sneakers or where you will use them, you should ensure they will last for long. Quality begins with the upper construction, sole, and heel section. Ensure the upper material of the shoe is strong. Also, you should make sure the sole is flexible and durable. A high-quality sneaker will not only offer you high performance, help you control flat foot, but it will also last for long.
Top 5 Sneakers for Plantar Fasciitis
New Balance 608
Feature At a Glance
- Padded mesh tongue
- Lace-up closure
- Pull-tab at heel
- Rubber sole
- Internal shank
- Leather construction
- Absorb midsole
Have you had a test of new balance shoes? Then you will definitely love the new balance 608. This plantar fasciitis shoe is specifically designed for those who love stylish, functional footwear.
It combines support and cushioning to make that running shoe you desire. With over 21 colors, you have the chance to choose a shoe that expresses your love for the game. Or you can simply choose one that goes with your outwear.
This shoe features a leather material in the upper section making it very durable. Thus, if you are preparing to run in rough terrains, the balance 608 is a good choice to consider.
The premium ABZORB is meant to offer you full-length comfort while running. This feature also offers additional support to ensure you foot remains in place.
Forget irritation when you choose this shoe! It comes with dual-density collar foam to help eliminate irritation at the ankles. Despite the surface that you plan to use this shoe, you will run freely.
That will be ensured by the flexible outsole that also enhances traction. EVA at the footbed promotes cushioning so your foot will feel natural while landing. Also, the shoe has injection-molded EVA foam at the midsole section to make the sure it’s firm. This feature also acts to enhance flexible cushioning.
Both men and women version of the new balance 608 perform great and offer a better fit. Thus, there is no need to purchase a larger or smaller shoe size. If you want style, stability, support and comfort, you can rely on this shoe.
Adidas Performance Response Boost Techfit
Feature At a Glance
- Synthetic sole
- Boost’s energy-returning properties
- Techfit upper
- Flexible support
- Sock-like fit
- A wide color choice
If you want a lightweight running shoe, the Adidas Response will serve you. It is very light, yet it has a sturdy and supportive design. This shoe is great for both women and men who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis. With this shoe, you will run more due to its energy-returning boost foam.
This feature offers you an endless light, fast energy so you will complete the race. If you doctor suggests comfortable running shoe, you may still consider this model. It features a stretch upper Techfit which fits your foot perfectly as you hit the track. The tech fit also ensures you get a natural, flexible support.
Also, you have a fixed budget; you may check this shoe. Note that affordability doesn’t mean low quality; in fact, some cheap shoes are better than high-end models. The bouncy design of this running shoe will offer you a smooth ride that you desire.
It is crafted to ensure you enjoy every step while running. Incredible ventilations enhance breathability to offer your foot enough aeration the entire race. If your foot sweats while running, this shoe will solve that issue through its sweat-wicking features.
You will appreciate the fact that your foot will not roll while in this shoe. Do you run on a daily basis? The Adidas Response is good for both daily runners and occasional marathoners. You read more about Plantar Fasciitis treatment and determine if this shoe is good to correct your foot.
Brooks Glycerin 13
Feature At a Glance
- Synthetic and leather
- Rubber sole
- Super DNA midsole
- Rounded heel
- Ideal pressure zones
- Segmented crash pad
- 3D fit print overlays on the upper
If you have Plantar Fasciitis, you will never go wrong with the Brooks Glycerin 13. This latest model offers excellent features that will make your life enjoyable. Some aspects that define this version include support, cushioning and comfort.
A blend of these features will allow you to run like a pro. What’s more – you can even wear this shoe all day long. It is a highly versatile shoe so you can use it for running, walking and even for your workouts.
Most runners trust Brooks Glycerin due to the credibility and consistency quality in their shoes. If you are ready to try their executive shoes, you may also fall in love with the company!
It comes in different colors offering you a choice to choose your favorite. A flexible rubber sole makes your running enjoyable since it keeps bouncing to help you control plantar fasciitis. Durability is also a factor in this shoe.
It features synthetic and leather design so you will use it for an extended time. The Glycerin 13 boasts of perfect fit so you will not have to choose a smaller or larger size.
Nike Zoom Pegasus 31
Feature At a Glance
- Mesh upper
- Nike zoom unit in forefoot
- Waffle pattern on the outsole
- Internal heel counter
- Premium cushion foam
The Nike Zoom Pegasus 31 is specifically designed for those who want an enhanced responsive. This lightweight shoe comes with a mesh upper to ensure your foot feels comfortable. It adapts to your speed and offers you an energy boost to keep running.
A rubber crash trail in the outsole offers you an increased stability. The great stability helps you bear impacts when you’re your foot hits the ground.
If you perform your workouts in low light, you will appreciate the reflective elements that enhance visibility. The premium cushion foam offers you soft yet responsive support and cushioning. You will enjoy a snug fit due to the internal heel counter.
Exceptional multi-surface traction allows you to run virtually on any surface. Waffle outsole ensures the durability of this shoe even with extend use. Reliability, smooth ride, and cushioning are some of the outstanding features of the Nike Zoom Pegasus 31.
Mizuno Wave Prophecy 3
Feature At a Glance
- Rubber sole
- Full-length infinity wave
- U4ic foam technology
- Hexagonal design
- Dynamotion fit upper construction
- SmoothRide engineering
- Anatomical lacing system
Do you want a shoe that will propel your forward? The Mizuno Wave Prophecy 3 may be a great choice. This shoe features excellent technology that is meant to allow you run better and with full energy. It is very comfortable and helps you control flat feet that causes plantar Fasciitis.
The shoe makes your foot feel natural even after running for long distances. The full-length cushioning in the midsole offers a smooth ride on various surfaces. This feature also provides support to allow you run for long distances without foot fatigue.
With less weight and enhanced comfort, the prophecy will help you accomplish your running needs. The soft, flexible upper offers significant embrace as well as deliver breathability.
Hence, you feet will not sweat or slip while running. You will appreciate the shock attenuation from toe-off to great heel-strike. If you want unparallel experience, this shoe is a great choice. For an unsurpassed ride, maximum cushioning, look no further.
Advice On choosing The Right Sneaker for Plantar Fasciitis
Things to consider
The Degree of Pronation
You can either be minimum, moderate or over pronator. There are special shoes for a specific level of pronation. Thus, you should be careful to choose a shoe that is great for you. If you experience overpronation, motion control shoes are a good choice. If you are minimum and, moderate pronators can try stability control shoes.
Type of Activity
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis, it doesn’t mean you can’t engage in games. However, you should be mindful to choose a shoe for the specific activity, such as running shoes or even shoes for playing tennis.
Note that using the same shoe for various activities can cause more foot pain. For instance, tennis shoes have a wider toe box than running shoe. These shoes mainly offer support for the mechanics for of your foot and withstand the stress during various activities.
You should consider the structure of your foot before making a decision. The common foot types include high arch, low arch or flat foot. Ideally, each plantar fasciitis shoe is designed for a specific foot type.
Using the wrong shoe hurts your arch and can cause severe injury or pain. To determine your foot structure, you can stand on a flat surface barefooted and examine the footprint.
Important shoe factor to consider:
- Consider the heel counter of the shoe since it is the part that controls pronation of your foot. This part should be firm; if it is soft, it will not offer enough ankle and foot support.
- The sole’s flexibility is also a vital factor to consider. Even though flexible shoes are great, some level of firmness helps control your foot motion as well as maintaining the ankle and foot alignment. Additionally, a firmer sole may prevent overstretching the plantar fasciitis.
- A high heel is vital in plantar fasciitis shoes, but the height should not exceed an inch high. A high heel relieves pressure on your heels. Note that flat heel bears all the body weight and may promote foot injury.
- Consider purchasing lace-up shoes since they help to hold your foot in place. They prevent foot-slip and also offer great support.
- Importantly, the best plantar fasciitis shoes have strong arch support, closed heels, better cushioning and offer a custom fit.
If you have Plantar Fasciitis, it is advisable to wear the right shoes always; when running, walking and exercising. The best sneakers for plantar fasciitis will help you correct the situation.
The shoes covered in this review are among the best models on the market. They allow you to run more without fatigue since they are supportive, comfortable and flexible.
We have also reviewed the best running shoes for plantar fasciitis, tennis shoes and flip flops for you; just click the links for an expert guide. Also, we believe it’s good to understand your feet before making a decision; you can check this article for better insights flat feet.